[Edit Profile]  [Edit Your Preferences]  [Search]
[Private Messages]  [Memberslist]  [FAQ]  [Login]
MUDII Forum Index » » General Chat » » Halloween Bash Report for 27.10.2016
Author Halloween Bash Report for 27.10.2016
royston
ranger

Posted: 28-10-2016 14:12   
BASH REPORT FOR THURSDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2016

This bash was the annual Halloween Bash. That’s where the mobiles are given halloween themed names and are somewhat beefed up. Well that’s how it appears. There were only two of us attempting this noble deed this evening: Moe the Warlock and me. Moe did the vast majority of the business; I helped from time to time but mostly got in his way.

At the start when I was rushing around a bit mindlessly trying to get some kit together, I was attacked by fireimp3. I managed to overcome him for a loss of only 7 stam. A good start. A second fireimp decided to have a go and the ram thought he would join in. The fireimp was soon killed but I had to flee the ram, taking my kit with me, at a sam of 19. That lost me 819 points. I decided on the Goblins Cave. Somewhere I know quite well and should be managed fairly easily by me. I went in through the waterfall. I caught a cold of course. But in a way it was a good thing because after two sneezes my stam was down to 13. I realised I had not stammed up after my engagement with the ram. At this point I had a cry for help from Moe who was losing to the phantom. It would have been suicidal for me to go and help him out at this particular moment in time and regretfully had to decline. I did go to sleep and resited when my stam got to 61. It was apparent that Moe had managed to overcome or escape the phantom but I stumbled across the Ram asleep. This is how it ended

The ram looks to have minor injuries.
*The ram hits you (14/110).
You hit the ram (10-14).
The ram looks covered in wounds.
A child moving at great speed skips by.
The child4 is advancing towards you threateningly.
*The child4 misses you.
You miss the child4.
*The child4 misses you.
You miss the child4.
The ram hits you (5/110).
You hit the ram (10-14).
The ram looks seriously injured.
*f o
You have fled by going out.

Meanwhile at the swamp
You hit the bog wight (10-14).
The bog wight looks to have minor injuries.
The bog wight makes some magical gestures.
*f o
(-782 = 16,455).
Umbrella dropped.
The umbrella sinks...
Staff0 dropped.
The staff0 sinks...
Key52 dropped.
The key52 sinks...
Unlit brand6 dropped.
The unlit brand6 sinks...
You have fled by going out.

That was my kit gone. I came to the conclusion that Children were not all made of sugar and spice and for a while I concentrated on them. I then gave the dragon some thought and ventured into the cellar. There I was set upon by gremlins instead of the usual rats. Somehow there was a respite in the fighting and I managed to slip into the hall for a much needed recovery. Back in the cellar I finished the remaining gremlins without too much trouble. ‘Someone’, it had to be Moe joined in on the last one, gremlin14, and very kindly dropped a load of kit so I could get to Dragon Island.

My first attempt:
w.w.s.s.s.w.w
Jetty.Jetty.
There is a lobster pot here.
*Sea.
*Sea.
*Sea.
Swimming in the sea alongside you is a smiling mermaid. The mermaid is wearing a necklace1, and is carrying a javelin.
An unseen strong current suddenly drags hold of your little craft and sucks it underwater. You splash about, but eventually drown. Sigh.
(-349 = 16,764).
Chart dropped.
Coracle dropped.
Wizard's hat dropped.
Falchion dropped.
Fearsome zombie mask dropped.
Overall, you lost 1,244 points this game.

This is a journey I have done countless times. But it helps if you start from the Jetty and not the Stony Beach I suppose. The second time I was the victim of tree roots:

You trip on the tree root and fall down!Headland.
*Looking northward, you see a place known as "cove". It contains a shell0 and a toadstool.
Looking northwestward, you see a place known as "thicket". It contains a tree root and a sapphire0.
*You try to set sail, but the seas are much rougher than you had anticipated. Desperately, you try to make your way back to the shore, realising that death is inevitable. You are right, and inevitably die.
(-342 = 16,422).
Coal dropped.
Fearsome zombie mask dropped.
Falchion dropped.
Wizard's hat dropped.
Pebble1 dropped.
Coracle dropped.
Overall, you lost 342 points this game

Third time I got him
In the distance, you hear the terrible RHOAAAUUUAURRRRGGGGGGHGHHHGHHHH of a dragon dying.
You have completed a Task which you have done before.
(+100 = 16,546).
(+1,699 = 18,245).

Next I helped with the keep. It had been so long since I have been in the keep I had forgotten how to do it. Most of was done by Moe with me helping when I felt able to. Moe very kindly got all the T and gave it to me to swamp. As he did later in the Drawfen Realm. Next we dealt with the Wraith, V already having been dispatched by Moe. Then I went into Dracula’s Mansion on my own. There I disposed of Renfield. But I could not find Dracula himself. I seemed to remember the painting in the cellar works like a door. But I could not get past it.

A painting of a man with piercing red eyes wearing a cape, covers one wall. A painting of a man with piercing red eyes wearing a cape, covers one wall.
*move painting
You couldn't move the wall painting by yourself, you need help.
*op painting

I had to leave it because I was being called to help in the dwarfs. There I simply joined in the fighting and it all went well. Though instead of dwarves we were fighting pumpkins.
However there was a strange of a mix of pumpkins and dwarfs when you did an Obit.

obit me
You have killed the following since entering The Land: 2 surly dwarf guards, 3 thickset dwarf guards, 3 burly dwarf guards, 3 hefty dwarf guards, the child0, 3 stocky dwarf guards, 2 old female dwarfs, the pumpkin27, the pumpkin22, the pumpkin24, the pumpkin29, 3 young dwarfs, the female pumpkin37, the pumpkin28, the pumpkin26, the pumpkin23, Renfield, the wraith, the griffin and the fireimp4.
Total: 32.

Perhaps that should be looked at. I don’t think we killed any dwarfs.

The chance of a successful bash was now about zero:

*sv
63 alive, 382 dead.
*reset
Time-stamp: 22:43:58 on 27-OCT-2016.
This is reset 78118, using slot 0.
An auto-reset will be initiated in approximately 2 minutes.

63 in 2 minutes was impossible. But having said that it was great to be back in. I would like to see the bash return as a regular weekly event. But it needs more than two players. I also think we need to work out a better time, so that players in America have the chance of joining in, instead of risking the sack for playing the game on a Thursday afternoon when they are supposed to be working.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 28-10-2016 14:16 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Miek
pioneer

Posted: 29-10-2016 04:20   
Thanks for the bash report, Royston. Sounded fun!
Remember Royston instead of *snip* using strings: try type them one at a time in case you're blocked or tripped. Albatross blocks you too *glug*

[ This Message was edited by: Miek on 14-11-2016 13:22 ]

View Profile of Miek      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
Seifer
Wizard

Posted: 29-10-2016 17:35   
What are those dirs for?

View Profile of Seifer      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 29-10-2016 18:25   
Zedar, Thank you for your advice. I have found it pays to use strings in certain circumstances. I always use them when sailing across the sea. I find their use essential to avoid the patrolling sharks. I have never been blocked at sea. Probably I will now on my next game.

Recently I have also started to use strings on the Island to locate the dragon, starting and ending at a safe location but all too often I trip on a tree route [I think I will leave that typo in] and end up in the oggin. So I think I will revert to just searching the place one room at a time till I find the dragon. I think it's safe as long as you have the stuff in your hand. Snag is, I often forget to take it out of the bag. There is usually more than enough time to get away after doing the business.

Incidentally you can tease the dragon by waving it at him instead of doing what you normally do. The result is unexpected. But beware after five or six goes it gets fed up with this game and will attack.

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 29-10-2016 18:29 ]

View Profile of royston   Email royston      Edit/Delete This Post   Reply with quote
royston
ranger

Posted: 30-10-2016 10:26   
Zeda, Just out of interest, how come you are on the Forum at 4:20 am? Moved to St. Petersberg?

[ This Message was edited by: royston on 30-10-2016 11:08 ]

Miek
pioneer

Posted: 14-11-2016 13:25   
Oh! I first read it as though you drowned because of a string.

Not moved, Royston. Just bad life habits. Haha.
Thanks for keeping these forums alive

Miek
pioneer

Posted: 20-12-2016 21:52   
Well, it just happened to me WITHOUT using strings! Walked straight into the Albatross glug glug ..

[New Topic]   [Reply]
Lock this Topic Move this Topic Delete this Topic

These forums may be read by anyone, but only registered mudII.co.uk
players may post. When posting, please refrain from behaviour
not tolerated in the game.

These forums are moderated.